Monday, January 25, 2010

My Dilemma


I am in a moral dilemma of epic proportions. Well nothing very important to the average person, but it is definitely important to me. It all stems from this past Sunday, with the victory's of the Colts and the Saints respectively. As a Colts fan, I have been a fan for many years! I remember listening to the Colts in the late 1990's when they where so bad, that the games were not even shown on TV due to the NFL blackout policy. Not only do I remember listening to Jim Harbaugh throw interceptions on the radio, but I remember the Colts drafting the almost immortal man known as Peyton Manning. I remember the trading of Marshall Faulk to the Rams. I can recall thinking to myself how dumb of a decision that was, until I saw the "Edge" run the ball for the first time. Through the ups and downs I was with the Colts, through the forever emphasis "Playoffs" rant to the Super Bowl in 2006 I have always been a Colts fan.

One man has thrown a wrench in my rooting for the Colts, and only the Colts though. This is a man by the name of Drew Brees, also known as just simply Brees, Breesus, or I like to call him the god among men. Drew Brees, who now plays for the New Orleans Saints, gave me some of the best memories of my childhood. See, here at Purdue University, Drew Brees is one of the most beloved players of all time. I remember going to see Drew Brees as a child, and thinking about how awesome of a player and person he was. Not only was Drew Brees, one of the best quarterbacks of the decade, but Drew Brees is a genuinely good person. I remember rushing the field with my mom after he threw the game winning touchdown to all but clinch the Big Ten Championship. I remember traveling all the way to California to watch him give a valiant effort in the Rose Bowl.

I like many other Purdue fans have a soft spot for whatever team he plays for, and this is my dilemma. While I'm still not sure how i will feel when my favorite two teams face off at the Super Bowl I do know this. I know that I will be a winner if either team wins. I have decided that on Super Bowl Sunday I will be wearing my Brees jersey under my Manning jersey and will be rocking my Saint hat. As much as I love Drew Brees, and as much as I love the Colts I just cannot decide. So whoever wins the Super Bowl, I will be happy. It really is a win-win situation for me, and I am very excited about it! GO COLTS and GO SAINTS

No comments:

Post a Comment